Monday, November 08, 2010

And they came bearing gifts

My sister came over today and came with gifts. What a GREAT surprise! Reese's and chai tea she bought at Starbucks. You mix it with a little milk and sugar and it's spectacular. Especially after having watched Slumdog Millionaire this weekend and loving the chai server.


We made a fabulously fabulous mexican dinner, which actually turned out better than I was expecting. I was so happy. It is a great start to my Mexican week. I am planning my grocery shopping and meals weekly by ethnicity (Portuguese, Mexican, etc.) and will be posting recipes next week.

Here is the beautiful meal (sorry it's all a little dark):

Zucchini and Mushrooms

Salsa (Pico de Gallo)


Refried beans... actually easier to make than I thought!


The star of the show: homemade tortillas and fried tortillas

Aha! A tostada!
A joke was told:
A teacher said to a student, "What are you?! Ignorant or apathetic?!"
The student replies, "I don't know and I don't care."

Come one, you know you laughed. Gotta love teacher/student jokes!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! If I were mexican I'd make mexican food everyday. Still remember when I went to your house a long time ago and your mom gave us quesadillas and melon water. Yum

    ReplyDelete