Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Breakfast

Today I FINALLY, reduced my weekly grocery shopping bill to within my budget (30 euros, even though I hope to reduce even more!). Which is exciting because it means my meal plans are working, perfect for the day when I start posting recipes here on my blog.

My first "recipe" is just for the basic oatmeal I make every morning. I love oatmeal because not only is it really healthy, but it meets the three demands for any recipe: yummy, simple and cheap. Plus eating cereal every morning makes me feel like I'm a dog, with packaged dog food. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs. ;)

So here's what I do:

Heat one cup of oatmeal and 3/4 cup milk in the microwave (about two minutes) until liquid absorbed.
Add a splash of cold milk, a tablespoon of honey and one chopped kiwi (plus berries if you have them) and mix well.
...Voila!

Having something warm in your tummy has got to be the best way to start your day.

Substitution ideas:
Substitute apple juice for milk when you boil the oatmeal; add shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment