Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Some of the things I am thankful for today on turkey day:
  1. my run this morning
  2. barefeet on the sand in the morning
  3. having more endurance while running
  4. even though I'm having a hard time accepting the difficulties in my life right now, the endurance it might be building up in me ("Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope." Rm 5,3-4)
  5. a delicious lunch
  6. answered prayers, especially about friends and routines
  7. a sweet thanksgiving card that came in the mail
  8. the friends that sent the card, and their loving and enduring friendship
  9. my hot and sensitive boyfriend, who shows what being a real man is
  10. God's word and promises
  11. my house
  12. the cupcake I ate today
  13. living by the beach
  14. dogs and how adorable they are
  15. uplifting music
  16. my supportive and amazing mom
  17. my funny and sweet dad
  18. a warm bed
  19. a warm comforter my nice sister told me she'll give me
  20. finishing the book Persuasion and anticipating watching the movie
  21. telling a fellow "immigrant" today that after six years, I finally am starting to feel community and at home in Portugal
  22. my landlady
  23. the 24 Bibles that I asked a publisher for, and they gave us (my work) for free, proving that portuguese people do give and fundraising might work in Portugal
  24. my blog and people reading my blog
  25. a heartwarming compliment I received in an email today from a friend whose opinion I value greatly
#7 on list
 
#12 on list


No comments:

Post a Comment