Monday, December 20, 2010

Why I love Christmas pt 1

Ever since I was little, I think I have loved Christmas. I used to play Christmas songs on the piano all through the season and my family would tell me "that's enough!" (they're not big Christmas fans :D)

I still love Christmas. I really do! I hate the presents and consumerism part, but I just try to not buy presents (homemade is best!) and not let that ruin it for me.

Reason #1 why I love Christmas: going home

My parents moved from the US to the Azores five years ago and it took me a while to feel like going to the Azores was "home". I don't have any childhood friends here and of course Turlock is still "home" but going to my parents' house is wonderful. Especially since I live far away, I appreciate it more.  I love being with my parents and sister, but also with cousins and aunts and uncles. Family is never ideal, you can't choose them and sometimes it's difficult to get along with them, but family is family and deserve being a special priority because of that. I am so thankful for the family I have.

I love how everytime I get into the airport for Christmas break it looks like I imagine Ireland must look like. It's overcast and everywhere you look are rolling hills and lots of green.
On the drive home...

...taken from the car.
I love how I am greeted by the world's cutest dog when I get home and I love how we get to hang out and take walks. 
I love being well taken care of, having yummy food to eat whenever I want, being warm, having lots of comfort and not having to worry about money. Of course I love not having to work. I love looking at my adorable baby pictures in albums. I love oohing and aahing over how adorable I was in my baby albums. I love driving my parents' car.  Yay for home and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment