Thursday, January 27, 2011

Naked

This week I had a minor breakdown.

How do you praise God when the things you feel you need are being taken from you? When the darkness closes in and you can't see? When you are scared... no, terrified... and nothing goes as you wanted it to?

I guess that's the challenge in the spiritual life. Fittingly, I got to the book of Job in my morning Bible reading and this verse really struck me:

"Naked I came forth from my mother's womb,
and naked shall I go back again.
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
blessed be the name of the Lord!" Job 1,21

It's true... we come with nothing to this world. We'll leave naked. And that's the most important... our vulnerability, our nakedness.


"When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord..."
"Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering..."
"You give and take away, my heart will choose to say blessed be your name..."

No comments:

Post a Comment