Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The simple life

This morning my private english student confessed to me that she is sometimes jealous of her cleaning lady. This student is getting her PhD and taking language classes for two different languages at the same time, but she wishes she could give her brain a break. And her dream way of relaxing would be to sweep. She desperately wishes she had time to put on some good music and just sweep and clean. I thought that was so awesome!

And she's not the only one that's academically-exhausted. She said that while having coffee with a friend (also getting his PhD), the cleaning lady passed by... sweeping... and she found out he was also secretly jealous of her. Except instead of cleaning, his secret dream is woodwork.

"It's like the simple life, you know?" she told me.

I definitely know what she means. And I will definitely remember that next time I clean my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment