Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


Who could have guessed the road to life
Poverty, humility, death
Oh Lord of endless surprise
I need you with every breath

I embrace not my brokenness
I cling to the rock, that is firm
The road to you unexpected
With every step I am reborn

You are light, you are dazzling
Your hands bear scars, tried and true
Victorious over death
Your love makes all things new

Constant ugliness and evil
In me, around me, you hold me tight
Your love strong, your rock higher
Redeem me Lord, restore my sight


"I will not build not build my life upon the passing sand
of how I feel inside from one moment to the next
I will love you Lord, my rock, my guide, my strength
a precious cornerstone the floods of death could never shake"

"Oh, death, where is your sting?
Oh, hell, where is your victory?
Oh, church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, HE IS ALIVE, HE IS ALIVE! "

No comments:

Post a Comment