Thursday, May 05, 2011

Biking to school


As with everything good in my life lately, it was a gift.

Funny how sometimes you dream of something... wouldn't it be so great to be able to ride my bike to work, wear flowers in my hair, play with kids... and then it comes true.

Except it never turns out perfect of course. It's kind of embarrassing, riding your bike through traffic. You are very exposed... while millions of cars drive by in relative anonymity, everyone notices the person riding a bike.

I go up hills and down hills, up and down. I get to school and all my little students crowd around, asking where I parked my bike. I am their hero. ;)

Adventures I'd like to go on with my bike: riding to the ocean every morning, riding with company, riding lazily through streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment