More than the "big things" that have been happening in my life lately (a last-minute weekend plane trip, etc.) I am most thankful for the little moments of tenderness... "carinho".
- for being mad and thinking it wasn't going to go away, then feeling a reassuring hand reach back and touch my leg in the car
- sleeping on his shoulder on the plane
- sitting in the park with my feet in the grass and head on a friend's shoulder
- cranberry-rasberry juice
- bedtime stories
- dancing to Taize songs
- a few surprisingly eager hugs and glances from boyfriend's friends at the end of a wedding
- realizing that being called to abstain from sex is a call to love in other ways (Theology of the Body) and that might even mean physically: learning to hold hands, play footsies, touch non-sexually, etc.
- God constantly interrupting my long to-do lists
- yummy food in my tummy, from places I wasn't even expecting to get meals from
|At a baptism last Sunday, |
love the yellow cups
- midnight phone calls and practicing vulnerability
- hearing, "I feel better"
- permission to be free and dance
“You have been hurt by women. I could see the pain in your eyes… And I’ve never done this before but… I feel prompted to make you a promise of friendship.” “I promise I will never speak an unkind word to or about you. I will never be jealous of you. I will never compete with you. I will never abandon or betray you. I will love you. I will pray for you. I will do all I can to help you go far and wide in the Kingdom. I will accept you as you are, always. I will be loyal to you. Before our loving God of grace, you have my words and my heart in friendship for this life and forever with Him.”