Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Portuguese man-of-war

Have you ever gone swimming with deadly jellyfish? I can cross that one off of my to-do-before-I-die list along with skydiving and cooking classes in Mexico.

Well... technically they aren't deadly nor are they jellyfish. It's a Portuguese Man of War (Caravela)... but it's still pretty dangerous and scary. Funny how I did a report about them in junior high and now I saw one! Technically I didn't swim with them either, but hey they were in the water and I was too, until we found out they were there and evacuated our booties asap. Apparently there are more jellyfish in the Azores because the water is warmer. The colder the water, the less probability of jellyfish. You win some, you lose some.
There it is: the deadly Portuguese man-of-war! dum dum... dum dum...
So that's what I'm doing. Swimming with deadly jellyfish on the BEAUTIFUL Azores islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment