Friday, December 09, 2011

Dec 8: Immaculate Conception White Party

Tota pulchra es, Maria
Thou Art All Fair, O Mary

Toda Bela sois, Maria

(video from here)


And here is what the Pope had to say about this special day:

I have never had such a beautiful December 8th. We had a "white party" which included the recipe for Pizza Bianca from my favorite cookbook, cheesy garlic bread, rose wine (which I thought was white, apparently I'm colorblind), non-white salad, and a keylime pie made by my wonderful friend Alexandra. For the decorations, I made a "Tota pulchra es Maria" banner, a felt crown with 12 stars, three white roses and covered the table with white wax paper.


We watched this 2-hour documentary: http://www.blackprolifecoalition.org/lies/


It's about slavery, eugenics and abortion. It's one of the best movies I've seen in my life and I wish everyone would watch this movie. Even though we live in an era where we are bombarded with information everday and have so much knowledge at our fingertips, we are no "smarter" than the people who owned slaves in American, or the Germans who believed Hitler. Luckily, we have Mary and the Church to guide us... even in our smallness and sinfulness. What a great movie for a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment