Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being thankful


It is so easy for me to get caught up in what's not essential. Wasting time on the internet, doing things that aren't worth it, thinking up useless projects. This week I've been trying to really stick to routines that are really essential. Making simple meals, running by the ocean, going to bed early, spending time with friends, going to mass, writing in my diary at night. Instead of dreaming of what I want to buy, I've realized that I have everything that is essential and I just need to appreciate it. I have two beautiful parishes, walking distance from my house, that have the hidden gem of the Eucharist and an amazing homily everyday. I have amazing relationships to cultivate. I am healthy and creative. With Thanksgiving approaching, I wish I could be more thankful!

“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” ― G.K. Chesterton


PS Check out my post today called Lessons from my Youth Group

No comments:

Post a Comment