Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Great views

Lately I've been feeling my life as an uphill climb. It's been hard to take care of my basic necessities, grocery shopping and eating, hard to accept the solitude of living alone and not try to distract myself, hard to accept small things that don't go my way. It's been hard to stay put, accept my day-to-day here and pass up trips. But even though it's hard, I think it's been really good. I heard in a homily one time that "the Christian life isn't easy like a slip and slide. It's not a lot of fun and downhill. It's more like climbing a mountain. It's really challenging, but along the way and especially when you get to the top, you have a really great view."

I've had some really great views. Last week, of my boyfriend who left his job in the middle of the day to come find me when he thought something had happened to me (I had left my cellphone at home on accident). It really put things into perspective for me... that I am really loved even though sometimes it's from far away. And this weekend at my Halloween party I had the great view of my sister, cousins, boyfriend and friend all in my living room: the people closest to me that I can most count on and that I realized I should most invest in.

PS Check out my article published today on VirtuousPla.net: Give Beauty Slowly (And Mormon Mommy Blogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment