Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving at Hard Rock

My sister and I found the one restaurant in Lisbon that serves a Thanksgiving dinner: Hard Rock Cafe. It's the first time since we've been in Portugal that we've really celebrated Thanksgiving again. Nevermind that I totally messed up the history of Thanksgiving to about 10 people, including students, before my sister told me the real story today... oops. It was nice to celebrate our Americanness, even though I don't eat turkey. "Why did you organize a Thanksgiving dinner if you don't eat turkey and you don't like pumpkin pie?" she asked. I'm not really sure. But my veggie burger was good...

Their turkey dinner and my veggie burger...
I am thankful for so many things, but mainly for people and relationships. For having someone like my sister to share culture and life with. For having people that love me and that I can slowly learn to love also... even when I don't get it right at first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment