Thursday, December 08, 2011

Wonder

I'm sitting here in my living room, a little overwhelmed by what an absolutely beautiful solemnity of the Immaculate Conception it was. It's past my bedtime and I really have to clean my house urgently...sometime..., but my heart is full of love and wonder. I'm listening to Matt Maher sing, just blew out my Advent candles and had the most amazing day.

It's so worth it to spend the majority of days feeling like an uphill climb and then getting a great view every now and then. Today I woke up and sprang out of bed... which is unusual/bizarre/might mean I'm sick... to get all my marketplace grocery shopping done before mass. Then I held hands all through a beautiful mass, threw a mini "white-party" in honor of the Immaculate Conception with the most amazing friends (I'll post pictures tomorrow) and selfishly kept talking to them so they'd stay until late and never leave. They eventually did leave, but it was one of those magical days where everything makes sense and I'm really able to connect in real ways with people and the essential in life. We sat around sipping tea, talking passionately about things that are what we hold most dear/true but only a tiny minority of the world agrees with, being ourselves in a way that is only possible with very special people, our faces illuminated by the candles, our hearts vibrating with the communion.

And I'm so happy/proud of Matt Maher, who is nominated for a Grammy:

If you don't know this singer, you really should. Here is his version of Silent Night:

No comments:

Post a Comment