Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making it routine

Thursday is the day I go to the market. It took me a year to finally discover the benefits or going to the market instead of the supermarket and quite a while to finally get up the courage to go. I don't know why, I'm just "scared of my own shadow" as they say here and things like going to the market scare me. Although it's scary (you have to pick the right stand, not get cheated, start building a relationship with the person you buy from... or at least have them start recognizing you), it's definitely the best option. Not only because buying locally is always better, but it's cheaper than the supermarket! Anyway, taking my little shopping cart for my bags and joining the old ladies that walk to the market in the morning is becoming a routine for my Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment