Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peace and productivity

Which comes first, finding peace or doing things that make you peaceful? I think it's finding peace. As Ann from A Holy Experience is always saying, it's not good communication that brings about communion, but when you're in communion you communicate well.

This week I'm a lot more peaceful than the last weeks and this week has been very productive so far. When I'm not okay, I waste time and never get up early. Yesterday though I cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, washed two loads of laundry AND made lunch for my sister and I! It was amazing. Of course, my favorite part was lunch with my sister, which is becoming a routine and one of my favorite parts of the week. We had Italian torta verde (spinach and potato pie) and salad with beets, goat cheese and walnuts from my favorite cookbook.

“Oh no, I never do much ironing, except the outside clothes. We must not iron out the fresh air and sunshine, you know. It is much more healthful not to, the doctors say. Seriously, there is something very refreshing about sheets and pillow slips just fresh from the line, after being washed and dried in the sun and air. Just try them that way and see if your sleep is not sweeter. ”
Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment