Thursday, March 29, 2012

Decisions and Paulo VI in Fatima

On another trip to Fatima last Tuesday to prepare the 2013 TOB Symposium, I was hungry, had a headache and was a little stressed out for various reasons (with people and with a decision I had to make).

I was so amazed to learn that Pope Paul VI had visited Fatima on May 13, 1967 before publishing Humanae Vitae and had even talked to Sister Lucia (one of the three shepherd visionaries). I can just imagine the pressure he must have been facing not to publish this prophetic encyclical, even coming from a committee he had formed and that voted against it. Yet what does he do? Takes an express train (or flight I guess) to Fatima and prays for help. And what's the promise of Fatima? My Immaculate Heart will triumph.

I didn't see any apparitions or visions, but I was comforted in knowing that decisions are hard for everyone... they're messy and a lot is at stake. But if we get on our knees and let God guide us, His Immaculate Heart really will triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment