Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter in the North

This Easter was the first time I didn't visit my parents where they live :( but instead, I went up north with my boyfriend's family. We went to a tiny (as in... 30 houses) little village up high in the mountains. Like many villages in Portugal, there are a lot of toothless old people ;), but there is also a warm-heartedness and authenticity that you can't find anywhere in the city.

A card that crossed the Atlantic and I am always so happy to get
The view from my bedroom window

The house where I stayed

The kitchen window


An Easter tradition in the North, the cross goes from house to house and when it passes in your house you follow it to the next house. Here the entire village is out on the road.

A final blessing at the end...

Time to go home...!

No comments:

Post a Comment