Monday, April 16, 2012

My Sunday journeys home

Last night I walked home from the train station, a walk that I especially enjoyed, even though it was cold and windy. My Sunday evening journey home is usually bitter-sweet, I'm sad the weekend is over and to be coming home alone, but my heart is usually full, not only with weekend experiences but also because of my youth group and mass at my parish in Lisbon. The last four years at this parish have been full of opportunities for me to learn humility (translation: failure), conflict, hard work, giving of myself... but also forgiveness, friendship, family even (spiritual family), growth, adventure and especially communion.

Last night my heart felt especially "in communion" and full, and even though it was cold and windy, I was happy and at peace (except for the part of starting another work week of course... :o). Everything was quiet and so was I inside. It was a wonderful weekend. Hope your Divine Mercy Sunday was just as divine...! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment