Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goodbyes


Goodbyes for me are heart-wrenching and terrifying. It is a human reality even Jesus had to go through. I always reflect on goodbyes during the second glorious mystery of the rosary, the Ascension. 

This week I'm saying goodbye to the people at the English school I'm at now because I've accepted a new job, at a bilingual elementary school. Even though I'm changing to something that's better, this week has been t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. It's breaking my heart to leave my coworker who I love, the secretary who has faithfully given me rides home all year and my students who I've grown awfully attached to. 

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” 


A sushi dinner yesterday with my wonderful coworker and friend. While watching Portugal lose against Spain in the Euro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment