Thursday, August 16, 2012

S. Jorge pt 1

I got back last night (to my parents' house in the Azores) from the beautiful island of S. (Saint) Jorge. It was really a dream week: my boyfriend Daniel visited the island for the first time, with my parents and I, and he got to meet my whole family and we spent lots of quality time also with my parents. In my opinion, and in my parents' opinion also, S. Jorge is the most beautiful island in the Azores.

We went and returned by boat, six hours :/...

The island is named after the tale of Saint Jorge, who kills a dragon. Perhaps because the island is shaped as a sword.

The island is incredibly high and there are villages on some of the flaps of land along the coast, called "fajãs". People also live on the top of the island, of course.

A place we went swimming...

The water is transparent and really warm...

A baby cagarro, the most populous sea bird here in the Azores...

No comments:

Post a Comment