Monday, September 17, 2012

Aveiro: The Portuguese Venice/Holland

This weekend I visited a city I've been wanting to visit for a while: Aveiro, the Portuguese Venice/Holland. This because it has a canal with gondolas and lots of bikes everywhere. You can rent a bike for free and it's all flat and easy to use a bike as transportation. 

My cousin and one of my favorite people in general lives there and it was really wonderful to hang out with him, even if it was just for a short time. He rode bikes with me, ate the typical egg sweet I tried and didn't like and had lunch with me and Daniel. It fabulous. Daniel and I also got lots of time together this weekend, which was really important. We even had time to stop on the way back to Lisbon at one of our favorite places, Fatima. The bottom picture is of the icecream I had and the shoes Daniel took off during this stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment