Thursday, October 18, 2012

The true object of all human life is play

I am happy the weather has gotten cold and rainy. I've come to realize recently that winter/Christmas is my favorite season. I love feeling cozy, bundled up in a scarf or even under an umbrella. I even like running in the rain. Today everything was a little wet and it was nice to come home to chocolate chip cookies and a milky drink after dinner. 

The only thing that's missing at the end of the day/in my house is... people. Someone to share those cookies with or someone to enjoy the rain with. Hopefully, one day soon that will happen. My longer work schedule has made it more difficult to invite people over.  


"It might reasonably be maintained that the true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground. To be at last in such secure innocence that one can juggle with the universe and the stars, to be so good that one can treat everything as a joke — that may be, perhaps, the real end and final holiday of human souls." - G. K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment