This blog is dedicated to the small moments: the cups of tea from my weekend at home (see below), sweet hallmark cards sent to me from across the Atlantic, running barefoot on the beach, accepting failure, the importance of friendship, etc.
- ..."the home, in all its aspects, is the most crucial element in influencing happiness" (http://happiness-project.com/books/happier-at-home/about-the-book/).
- ...the extraordinary is in the ordinary.
- ...strength is in the small things: “Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” ― Mother Teresa
- ...love is not in the big projects, our career path, or our reputation. It's in our daily prayer life, our cultivating of virtue, our relationships. It's in the present moment, in "the cup washed with extra care before it's returned to the cupboard" (from conversiondiary.com's Rock the Present Moment).
- "I know she's not perfect, but she tries so hard for me. And I thank God that she isn't 'cause how boring would that be. It's the little imperfections, it's the sudden change in plans. When she misreads the directions and we're lost but holdin' hands. Yeah I live for little moments like that." from "Little Moments" by Brad Paisley
- "And it's the way that she looks with her eyes and her hair. Eatin' burnt suppers the whole first year and askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up. Yeah man that's the good stuff." from "Good Stuff" by Kenny Chesney