Thursday, February 07, 2013

When life gives you lemons...

...make lemonade. Today I was lucky enough to have lemonade with my chili. My coworker gave me organic, homegrown lemons from her sister's farm in the north of Portugal. It is so inspiring to hear there are people that leave their city jobs, move into an agricultural area and roll up their sleeves. And apparently her sister has lots of (young) friends up there also. I heard a Portuguese author, Jose Luis Peixoto, talk on TV yesterday about Portugal and I was super impressed. (I'm actually running out to buy his books) He said he thinks (old) people that live in the country and closer to nature are also closer to the essential things in life. They can't hide from them like us city folks do, things like death. They don't waste time with non-essential things.

No comments:

Post a Comment