Saturday, October 05, 2013

Homemade oreos with white chocolate filling

After several failed attempts and different changes, I finally have a homemade oreo recipe I'm sticking to. They are on several blogs, but the original I think is from Smitten Kitchen

Here you go...

For the cookies: 

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup (140g) unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg

Mix together all the ingredients, roll out with a rolling pin and cut small circles with a glass or cookie cutter (or just flatten dough balls as flat as you can). Bake at a high temperature (375F) for about 10 minutes. 

For the filling: 

100g white chocolate
2 tablespoons butter

Melt in microwave and spread on cookies to make sandwiches. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this...thanks for posting! I've been reading your blog for a couple of years - I found it through one of your articles on a Catholic website. I love to cook, too, so I'm always interested in your recipe postings. Megan

    ReplyDelete