Wednesday, October 16, 2013

To Kneel or Not to Kneel?

To Kneel or Not to Kneel?

[ 0 ] October 16, 2013 AD
                To receive Communion… that is the question. I was recently confronted about this, at a parish I will be teaching religious education through my job this year. At this parish, all children are made to kneel in order to receive Communion. When the explanation behind this was a speech given by Pope Benedict XVI in 2007 and my obedience to the Pope was called into question, I began to feel a bit uneasy. I knew both forms are allowed, but did the Pope really call to kneel for Communion? Am I being unfaithful when I don’t kneel?
                I decided to research a few questions about kneeling and the Eucharist. Feel free to add your thoughts and findings on the matter also.


Keep reading at:

No comments:

Post a Comment