Monday, September 15, 2014

Motherhood and Money

I know, I know... how could I even put those two words together in the same sentence? They're incomparable. Yet they seem to conflict and their conflict is plaguing my life right now.

Everyone says children change your life. Everyone says the best things in life are free. For me having a child has changed my life professionally. I can't work the same job now and I'm not sure what to do! It has changed my reflection on priorities: this reflection has become more urgent and everyday I wonder what's really important in life. Motherhood is really important, and it's free! But paying the bills, what kind of couple you want to be and how to share responsibilities is important too. For Catholics, there is no easy answer to this question, as each woman has to discern her vocation individually and everyone is different! Being Catholic comes with a lot of freedom... and also a lot of discernment and responsibility. 



...Follow this blog on FacebookBloglovin'Feedly and on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment