Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Easy Pizza-Making

Wheen the SUN HITS YOUR EYE like a big PIZZA PIE...
 
I don't know why people think homemade pizza is time-consuming. I like it because there is very little clean-up. Just the bowl you make the dough in and the cutting board. No pots and pans because you put in directly on wax paper in the oven.
 
Here are my easy peasy steps to homemade pizza:
 
 
 
Step one: the dough
Mix 4 cups flour (half and half whole wheat and white, or whatever you'd like), 2 cups baking powder and 2 tbsp salt in a large bowl. Add 8 tbsp of chilled butter and blend it in with your hands. Add 1 cup milk, blend it into the dough, and GRADUALLY add in another cup (you may not need to use the whole cup), kneading all the while, until the dough is soft but not sticky.
Divide it in half. Roll out two circles and pinch over the ends to form a crust.
 
 
 
Step two: the sauce
Use a 200 ml carton of tomato paste and add in a little salt and pepper, 2-3 tblsp honey and pinches of dried herbs (oregano, basil and parsley).
 
 
Step three: toppings
Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza base and add 200g of shredded cheese. I use the cheapest mozzarella.
Now, go creative on your toppings. The grocery store I shop at, Lidl (or heaven as I like to call it), sells these adorable packages of three bell peppers, red, green and yellow. So my new favorite pizza topping includes these, mini fresh mozzarella balls and little mounds of canned pesto (also sold at my heavenly grocery stores). I also love adding arugula on top when they come out of the oven (not pictured).
Then, top the toppings ;) with another 100-200g of shredded cheese to make sure they stay put.
 
 
 
Step four: bake
Bake them at a high temperature, like 200ºC. I have a pizza stone that I like to slide the pizzas onto with wax paper. They usually take about 15 min each. You know when the cheese is melted and starting to get golden on top and when the crust is golden underneath. Enjoy!!!



...Follow this blog on FacebookBloglovin'Feedly and on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment