Thursday, April 09, 2015

Easter Picnic



We had a birthday picnic for our baby on Easter Sunday because she turned... one, sniff, sniff hooray. I really shouldn't complain, I always end up liking each new phase better than the last. Now she is walking and having endless conversations in baby talk and it's so adorable that I can't imagine why I wanted to freeze time when she was five months old and so boring (or so I think now). But I still want to freeze time.

The picnic was great. Even though I forgot the frosting at home and everyone had to eat frosting-less cake and cupcakes, it was chilly and windy and I'm a terrible mother and forgot a jacket for Addie, and I didn't have a photo album of her first year as I had imagined in my head it would be great to have... there are more important things than the details I stress out about. And luckily she didn't catch a cold. She had lots of fun socializing with other little kids and we had a great time talking to family and friends in the fresh air of one of Lisbon's best parks. I am becoming more and more a fan of picnics.

No comments:

Post a Comment