Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Internet and mother's day

I haven't had internet at home for almost an entire month. Sorry about the lack of communication. It was torture, let me tell you. However, I was more productive (I baked a cake, finished a project I started almost a year ago, etc) and I also realized how lonely and disconnected I am from the real world. Sometimes the internet can disguise that, I think. But it's really hard to make real friends as an adult, I suspect. And I've been feeling the Portuguese/American gap more than ever, especially with my new experience with motherhood.

Speaking of motherhood, I'm sure there isn't anything better in life. Other than "wifehood". It is terrifying to think of the enormous task of raising a child, and the millions of ways it can go wrong. Yet at the same time, there is such an urgent need to raise her well and to dedicate all my effort into that and our family.

“As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” - St. John Paul II

Here are my favorite pictures from mother's day.


2 comments:

  1. Oh estão tão lindas :)
    Um grande beijinho cheio de saudades!

    ReplyDelete