Friday, June 05, 2015

The most difficult prayer


Things have been rough these past few weeks. We will be moving house soon, my husband is moving jobs, I have been discerning about my own job and I hit a car yesterday... a parked car. In front of an entire coffee shop of people watching. This is just to emphasize the enormous factor of embarrassment involved.
 
I've gotten really upset/angry/sulky/antisocial/a range of emotions, but my husband's calmness and patience never ceases to amaze me. Is it because I'm a woman or because I'm spoiled? I'm not sure. And Addie's joy for life and mobility never ceases to make me smile even if I don't feel like it. She is a dancing, baby-talking, pigeon-chasing, crowd-pleasing cutie. I think she's destined for the spotlight.
 
But mainly I am realizing that the most difficult prayer of all is not my will but Yours be done. Ouch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment