Friday, November 06, 2015

Work and play



This is a german chocolate pie I made (from the barefootinthekitchen blog) for our dinner with friends yesterday. We are really excited about these friends (they're from the homeschooling group). It feels like some things are finally clicking in our life that we have been dreaming about/talking about for a while: feeling more connected/community, spiritual family belonging, playgroups/friends for Adelaide, figuring out what we like as a family, etc.

It still feels like an uphill climb though. I feel like homemaking is a huge mountain I can never quite control: like I spend most of my time cleaning, cooking, organizing, planning, feeding/bathing/caring for Adelaide and rarely get to the fun part of the rewards of my work. But when I do it's worth it. So I try to repeat to myself over and over about my plans and dreams and work with Adelaide "I am gestational by nature. I am gestational by nature". That's Auntie Leila's advice and I'm sticking to it.

I'm still trying to get more play into my day. I saw this quote today and printed it out to stick up on the wall:

“Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life become a beautiful success, in spite of poverty.” -Little Women

No comments:

Post a Comment