Friday, December 11, 2015

So this is Christmas

 
Christmas is my favorite season. It is so magical. We have been busy, but I'm hoping we will calm down a little now. We had our last party in a string of parties we've had recently. It was na Usborne book party and I really liked hosting it. I made Pioneer Woman's Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes, pictured above, and they were divine. I have never been so happy with cupcakes I've made. Instead of using peppermints.. which apparently are extinct in Portugal.. I used a yummy candycane I got from Starbucks. Thankfully we have Starbucks here in Portugal.

Addie participated in her very first Christmas play... or any play for that matter. She is also pictured as an angel above. She deeeefinitely doesn't have stage fright... at least not yet. She ran on the stage a few times when it wasn't her part. And she was the "liveliest" angel singing "angels we have heard on high". Lively, as in jumping up and down. I don't know if it's just because I'm her mother, but she gets more adorable each day.

This Christmas play came about through our homeschooling group, which has proved to be one of the best things going for us in our life right now. We are not only finding a social aspect for Addie here (I am planning on writing an article soon called "Why our Government-Run Play Group Doesn't Work... anyway), but we are finding friendship, like-mindedness and community as a family. It's the entire family bonding with other entire families. It's great. Also find our homeschooling group crafting session photo above.

I hope your Advent is off to a peaceful and hopeful start.

No comments:

Post a Comment