Friday, December 18, 2015

The sound of little feet

I was driving across the bridge to Lisbon when "Remember When" by Alan Jackson came on the online radio I was listening to. It's one of my favorite songs ever. I started crying and was worried about not seeing and swerving into the river. It gets me every time.

One of my favorite lines is "remember when... the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week". When I hear Addie's running around the house... because she never walks, she runs... I sometimes think of this line and get a little nostalgic. For the time I'll have to remember that sound.

I also love the line "Remember when thirty seemed so old, Now lookn' back it's just a steppin' stone, To where we are, Where we've been, Said we'd do it all again". Whenever I think of my wedding or the life my husband and I are building... well, this line describes it.

Finally, I got teary-eyed in the car thinking about a friend I have who just had a prematurely-born baby. She was so worried about having kids and having to give up her lifestyle of travel, eating out, etc. that I thought of her with this line: "new were born. life was changed, disassembled, rearranged." With Addie, that's exactly how I felt. Everything was disassembled, only to be rearranged again. It's hard. But it's a million times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment