Saturday, April 30, 2016

Babymoon

The LORD’s acts of mercy are not exhausted, his compassion is not spent;
They are renewed each morning — great is your faithfulness!
Lamentations 3:22-23

We went on our first "babymoon" last weekend. We abandoned Addie with her grandparents and spent THREE nights alone near the beach. I got this idea from blogs... of course... and I assumed it would be good not only to rest before baby arrives but also because doing things alone with my husband is always good.

It was really worth it. Even the constant worry about if Addie missed us terribly and wasn't sleeping at all was a minor detail compared to how happy my husband was and what a great opportunity it was to reconnect. He got to swim in the ocean, which is what he likes, and I got to eat non-Portuguese food (and not cook!), which is what I like. See delicious Indian food above. If you are ever in the Algarve, we highly suggest the restaurant Indian Ocean in Albufeira.

We've been doing date nights and such, but I didn't realize how diferent a whole weekend alone would be. It made me realize how much attention Addie demands from us and how easy it is for me to focus on her and not my husband. I realized how much I still need his attention and how it's good to want to win his attention back. It made me think of Bible verses where God says he renews his love for us everyday. Love isn't a one-time, guaranteed thing. It really is something that needs grows over time, but needs lots of cultivating and renewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment