Monday, May 02, 2016

Coffee cake and footnote 351


I still remember about a year ago going to an American's house here in Portugal for the first time. She had a beautiful drizzled orange cake on a cake plate in her kitchen, just waiting for its grand entrance after lunch. It looked so organized.

I thought about that this weekend when we had two back-to-back dinners at our house. (Still trying to do everything on my to-do lists before baby shows up...) I had my cakes ready to go sitting calmly among the bustle around them.

For the second dinner I tried out another Pioneer Woman recipe and it turned out delicious. It's called Coffee Cake, Literally. No one really complimented it, but I spend the entire time complimenting it myself. Possibly my favorite cake to date. It goes especially well with a scoop of icecream. I made half of the recipe for the cake and 1/4 of the frosting recipe. I'm not a big frosting fan. And I crumbled some oreos on top.

My husband was super tired for the first dinner, unfortunately. Rough week and day. But the second dinner we stayed up until 2am discussing footnote number 351 of Amoris Laetitia with my theologian friends. It was awesome. Life needs more nights like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment