Wednesday, June 29, 2016

40 weeks and counting

Addie coloring a welcome sign for her grandma... the BELLY... Addie reapplying her lipstick in the background (a gift from her aunt that she is completely obsessed with)...

I kept telling everyone I wouldn't make it to 40 weeks, but here I am posting the same "40 weeks and counting" title I posted two years ago. Oh, for patience. I find it fascinating that modern medicine and our rationalism can't quite explain labor and delivery. Doctors don't really know what sets off labor. And even though there are suggestions like walking and rasberry tea, there isn't anything really proven. I love how there is still some mystery there, plus all I've been learning about how a woman's emotional and psychological state affects labor is fascinating too. We're really not all that rational as we think we are.

Meanwhile, we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary today and my birthday tomorrow (celebrating is a relative term... I don't really feel like it, but I'll try!). It's a big 3 and 30...! And maybe baby Davy will crash the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment