Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Slightly OCD schedule


My book on toddlers suggests making a visual schedule for your toddler so they can start knowing what will happen next in their day and that will help them feel more control. I thought this was a great idea. Some parents say "he's so good at daycare and so badly-behaved at home" and the book suggests daycare and school have repetitive schedules they can count on and thrive on.

So far our visual schedule is.. not working. We still have some really good days and some really terrible days. I can't figure out what makes her calm, what makes him sleep and I barely get anything done. What really helps ME though is talking to my spiritual director (really, really amazing shot of grace) and... blogging! So thank you for reading my thoughts. I write in my diary, but it's just not as... creative. Another one of my pins:  

Flannery O'Connor:

No comments:

Post a Comment