Tuesday, November 22, 2016

2nd Annual Usborne Book Party


Weekends have been dreamy and weekdays have been nightmares. I usually get to the end of the day angry and fed up with everyone and everything. Which is a pity, because it's when my husband gets home and when we should be most calm and together. Today it was 9.30 am though. I wasn't even able to make it to the end of the day. Poor Addie is getting yelled at a lot.

Anyway, sidenote. This weekend we hosted our second annual book party, in which an Usborne saleswoman comes and sets up a table full of books to look at and buy if you'd like. We love the books and think it's an ingenius idea... which is we we are repeating it every year. But barely anyone comes. I can't figure it out. Why do we have such a low turnout for this book party when lots of people come to our other parties and a million kajillion people came to Davy's baptism? They didn't even fit into the room.

My theories are A) Portuguese people don't like spending money on books for their kids; B) Portuguese people don't like spending money on books in English for their kids; C) Portuguese people think a party where things are sold is fishy; D) We didn't announce that there would be food and alcohol served. A combination of all the above, methinks.

Still worth it though, despite the low turnout. It was fun anyway and I realized it is worth it even if just for my sister and I, who speak to our kids in English and like having good quality books in English. And this is a good way to do it in Portugal.
I only got pictures of pre-party, which are above.

No comments:

Post a Comment