Monday, March 27, 2017

Quiche recipe

I have made a quiche recipe (from my favorite cookbook) so many times now that I have adapted it to make it my own. I thought I'd share it with you, since it's easy and delicious and my two-year-old likes it. Anything that has spinach and my two-year-old likes must be repeated often.

First, poke holes in a quiche pastry and bake it in the oven (175ºC/350ºF) until it's slightly golden. This is the secret to preventing soggy crust.

Wilt a bag of spinach (pour boiling water over it, then strain it) and mix with four eggs, a carton of cream (200ml), a can of tuna, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.

Spread a thin layer of pesto on the bottom of the quiche pastry. Pour in the spinach/egg mixture carefully, distributing spinach evenly and making sure it doesn't pour over. (If the quiche is too empty, you can mix in more milk or cream.)

Bake until golden on top, usualy 20-30 min. I always make two at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment