Thursday, September 21, 2017

Perseverance

Windy day

I've been listening to lots of Leah Darrow podcasts lately and especially helpful was the one called Press On! The Beauty of Perseverance. I could tooooootally identify with the tough spot she was in, where you discern something is good to do, then when you are actually trying to do it, a MILLION obstacles seem to come out of nowhere. It could apply to my life in general right now. I especially think of trying to go to mass during the week. We see the great, wonderful effects, but then something comes up or we have a poopy diaper and ran out of clean diapers to change it with. Or a million doubts of if it's worth it, if the kids will ever behave, etc. come up. I also think of the project on the sidebar I clearly discerned was something I should do. And now every single time I have do actually do something for it (which is very little), the only babysitter I depend on is out of the country. Swell. But this podcast really helps put things in perspective. This seems to happen with every good thing or good endeavor. And perseverance is a virtue, something to keep working at. 

From the podcast: 

If you can't fly, then run; If you can't run, then, walk; If you can't walk, then crawl; but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. - Martin Luther King

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Nothing. Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan press on has always solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment