Friday, November 03, 2017

Halloween All Saints Party

Saint-O-Lantern, some games, our costumes: Saint Faustina, Juan Diego, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Saint John Paul II

I am not particularly against Halloween, but I definitely don't think it makes any sense outside of the US. And I am in favor of saints. So I organized an All Saints party with my neighbor at a local parish. And when I say organized I mean coughed up a few ideas from showerofroses.blogspot.com and aknottedlife.com and she did all the work. And I managed to make us some costumes the night before, barely slept, got really stressed out and was incredibly exausted the next day at the party. And when I say "make costumes" I mean buying some fabric, cutting with scissors and pinning together with safety pins. 

But it was so much fun and so worth it. It was a "family environment", as my husband put it, just a few families that became friends through our church play group last year.    

2 comments:

  1. Olá Julie!
    Valeu bem a pena todo o trabalho! Nós gostamos tanto. O ambiente familiar de amizade foi ótimo! A minha filha Leonor ainda hoje me disse orgulhosa como está crescida..."já fui a uma festa de Santos e de noite!"
    Bjs e os vossos disfarces estavam espectaculares ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada! Também gostamos muito e foi bom estar convosco!

      Delete