Monday, January 01, 2018

Babymoon

Happy New Year!

So here we are, plugging away with only four days before the due date. I am not less anxious about childbirth, even though it went well last time, in fact I think I am a little more anxious. But I am getting more and more excited about bringing our baby home. Childbirth is rough.. but it's just a few hours compared with a lifetime with that new person. 

December was an especially hard month, but we still managed to get lots of things done. I got deathly sick on a Thursday, with fever and unable to get out of bed, and we still went on our babymoon on Friday. I was feeling miraculously better, compared to Thursday, but I was still dying and could barely sleep because of throatache and congestion. So it was good to getaway from the kids and be able to rest, but don't be fooled by the smiley pictures above because I was complaining about how bad I felt every five minutes. I did breathe in some nice sulfur vapor that supposedly helps. We went to Inatel São Pedro Sul, and really recommend it. 

Now I am completely dedicated to running this marathon which is childbirth. I packed my bag for the hospital, am rereading my book Deliver!, taking relaxing baths and "brain training" with my birth affirmations. I know it will be really intense and have lots of pain, childbirth and postpartum, but they will also be some of the most grace-filled moments of our lives. I kind of can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment