Friday, February 23, 2018

Livin' on love

Listening to country music unfailingly reminds me of all that is good and true in life. It makes me want to get outside, feel the sunshine, wear cowboy boots. I've never worn cowboy boots, but still. And it especially makes me feel more romantic and appreciate my husband more. Which is great, because focusing so much on little children makes me forget that my relationship with my husband is more important and that we need more romance. 

from "Livin' on Love" by Alan Jackson: 
"Living on love, buying on time
Without somebody nothing ain't worth a dime
It's like that old fashioned storybook rhyme
Living on love
It sounds simple that's what you're thinking
Love can walk through fire without blinking
It doesn't take much, when you get enough
Living on love
Two old people, without a thing
Children gone but still they sing
Side by side on that front porch swing
Living on love"

From "Forever and ever amen" by Randy Travis:
"As long as old men sit and talk about the weather
As long as old women sit and talk about old men
If you wonder how long I'll be faithful
Well, just listen to how this song ends
I'm gonna love you forever and ever
Forever and ever, amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment