Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Instagram makes you feel like a celebrity

"Mommy, it smells bad." City kids seeing the cows. We're on vacation in the Azores. 

I got an instagram account and I feel like, how did I live my life without an instagram account all this time? If I'm honest with myself (and with you, dear readers), I like instagram because it feeds into my desire to be a celebrity. I want to have a feed like the inspirational people I follow. Do giveaways. Post motivational quotes. It's kind of ridiculous. But with instagram anyone can feel like a celebrity. Everyone goes on trips these days and eats gourmet food and so everyone can post fabulous pictures that one could only dream of a couple decades ago. 

I try to limit my time on it, of course. And I try to use it for good. I really am inspired by many instagram accounts. But I don't want to let it feed this celebrity-wannabe in me. 

"You have but one teacher, and you are all brothers." Mt 23:8

"Someday I'm gonna be famous, do I have talent well no
These days you don't really need it thanks to reality shows
Can't wait to date a supermodel, can't wait to sue my dad
Can't wait to wreck a Ferrari on my way to rehab" (Celebrity by Brad Paisley)

PS Do you use instagram? Who are your favorite people to follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment