Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Embracing conditions

Which of the boys had more fun at the science museum here in Lisbon? We're not sure. They are all scientists, I guess. 

I was happy to discover a museum that is great for kids (Ciência Viva) and that Portugal still has lots of things up its sleeve I have yet to discover. 

It is so hard to be content with your conditions… which are NEVER ideal, NEVER as you planned… and know you are a nomad, a pilgrim, on your way somewhere, uphill. "When we get where we're going" as Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton say, then we'll know true comfort and grace. Until then, life is pretty hard. 
"So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do"


For some reason, I think life should be easy and full of good emotions or I'm doing something wrong. That we should do only fun, educational activities with friends and not spend 99% of the time cleaning the house. That I shouldn't feel lonely or sad. 

But no, it is a battle of darkness and light within our hearts (with lots of negative emotions trying to win), countless habits and acts of love without seeing the fruit, just having faith and trusting He is guiding our feet along this path we can't always see so well. But that we are at the exact place in the exact conditions He wants us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment