Thursday, December 30, 2010

I hate goodbyes

Goodbye home. So comfortable it feels I've always lived here. Where am I leaving to? Oh yeah, the place I live 90% of the time.

Goodbye baby Jesus.
My mom's veranda and beautiful flowers
Baby Jesus that accompanied me in tears and laughter, heated political debates over lunch, hugs from baby cousins, coffee everyday after lunch, an sweet elderly priest that asked who my family was before my confession (awkward!), rolling green hills and discovering that love is accepting the other person's imperfections.

I hate, hate, hate goodbyes. They are always painful and tearful. But it's better to have something good to say goodbye to than to have nothing good at all, right?

More limpets (lapas) at lunch today

Barnacles, another Azorean treat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment