Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Priorities

Last week was a good/hectic week. I got two jobs in one day, put up my christmas decorations (see below) and went on the best retreat ever. I'm not feeling so "struck down" or dramatic lately. I didn't blog, which was somewhat disappointing. I admire people that have their lives so organized they blog at the same time 5 days a week, like most of the blogs I read on my sidebar. I admire Stephanie Nielson (nieniedialogues.com) because her life is so focused and her priorities are so clear, even just judging from her blog. She puts family and being a mother as number one. I admire Iowa Girl Eats (iowagirleats.com) because her life seems simple: food, exercise, rest and some close family members.

My life is a little more chaotic, even though I don't want it to be! Starting to work again made my to-do list go from three to ten things in a minute. Yesterday I thought, "I won't make lunch, I'll eat something frozen so I can do things on my to-do list." Then I caught myself. At the beginning of 2010 I tried to put the basic necessities (eat, sleep, exercise) as priorities and it made all the difference. So I decided to take my time yesterday and make lunch first. I didn't do the things on my to-do list but I had enough time to plan my classes and pray. This morning I thought, "I won't go running so I can stay home and do more things off my to-do list." (I know, why does this little piece of paper run my life?!) Then I caught myself. I didn't go where I thought I was going to go and had time afterwards to do things off the list.

I realized these last few days that my priorities should be:
1) God
2) food, sleep, exercise
3) work

Not what is easier and what was happening before the beginning of 2010 for me:
1) work
2) food, sleep, exercise
3) God

Poor God. We will die with our to-do lists still to do.
My mini tree

My nativity set

No comments:

Post a Comment